They’re back. 21 Savage and producer Metro Boomin announced that they are finally dropping the highly anticipated sequel to their 2016 Savage Mode EP on Friday (Oct. 2).
The news comes just two weeks after more than 28,000 fans signed a petition for Savage Mode 2‘s release, according to XXL. The announcement also arrived with an epic trailer, narrated by none other than the master of voiceovers, Morgan Freeman.
The one-minute, Gibson Hazard-directed clip finds the musical duo in the studio on a dark, snowy night. “‘Savage’ is defined as fierce, beastly and untamed. ‘Mode’ is defined as a way of operating or using the system,” Freeman explains as two masked figures break into the eerie property, smashing the duo’s platinum records on their way up to the studio. “So to be in ‘savage mode,’ is to go hard and not allow anything to stop or deter you from your mission. Basically, this means that when someone is in ‘savage mode,’ they are not to be f—ed with.”
Watch the trailer below, and see the Savage Mode 2 website with merch and more information here.
Former “Mythbusters” co-host Adam Savage allegedly sexually abused his younger sister for years while calling himself the “raping blob” during the late 1970s, the woman says in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.
Miranda Pacchiana, 51, claims the abuse happened when she was between 7 and 10 years old when the siblings lived in Sleepy Hollow, New York.
“Beginning in or about 1976 and continuing until approximately 1979, Adam Savage, would repeatedly rape Miranda Pacchiana and force oral sex upon her, and forced Miranda to perform oral sex on him, along with other forms of sexual abuse,” says her lawsuit, filed in Westchester Supreme Court.
The suit says Savage, who was between 9 and 12 years old at the time, would prevent Pacchiana from leaving the bed and anally rape her.
He allegedly nicknamed himself the “raping blob” while masking the abuse as a game, according to the complaint.
The 52-year-old special effects whiz is best known as the former co-host of “Mythbusters,” a Discovery Channel series that tests the validity of popular myths and legends.
Pacchiana, of Newtown, Conn., is a social worker who blogged about losing her family after coming forward about the alleged sexual abuse.
“When I first disclosed to my family that my brother had abused me as a child, I thought my whole world would change,” she wrote. “I assumed my family members would share my desire to examine what had gone wrong in our home and pursue a path toward healing together. I was sadly mistaken.”
“In fact, their behaviors left me feeling as though the abuse didn’t really matter,” she continued. “Yes, they believed me — but my family members still seemed determined to brush my trauma under the rug. Over time, I came to realize they viewed me as the problem for focusing on the abuse. Not the brother who had abused me.”
Pacchiana filed her lawsuit under the New York Child Victims Act, which opened a one-year look-back period for victims to bring claims that had already exceeded the statute of limitations. In May, the original deadline, which was set in August, was extended by five months due to coronavirus.
“The prolific abuse by Mr. Savage as alleged in the Complaint has caused irreparable damage to my client that she will live with for the rest of her life,” Pacchiana’s lawyer Jordan Merson said in a statement. “Today is the first step in the direction of healing and justice.”
Savage denied his sister’s allegations in a statement through his lawyer Andrew Brettler.
“While I hope that my sister gets the help she needs to find peace, this needs to end. For many years, she has relentlessly and falsely attacked me and other members of my family to anyone who will listen,” Savage said. “By spreading numerous untrue stories about us in pursuit of a financial bonanza, she has tortured our entire family and estranged herself from all of us. I will fight this groundless and offensive lawsuit and work to put this to rest once and for all.”
The siblings’ mother, Karen Savage, came to Adam’s defense Tuesday.
“It makes me very sad to say this, but my daughter suffers from severe mental health challenges, and it’s devastating that she’s putting Adam and our entire family through this. Adam is a good man, and I support him completely.”
Merson described Karen’s comments as a “possible HIPAA violation.”
“The source of any mental health issues is clear and we appreciate defendant’s mother for confirming the significant damages in this case,” he said. “Although her mother apparently does not, we proudly support Ms. Pacchiana and all child sex abuse survivors who come forward.”
Mickey Gall and Mike Perry will co-headline this Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 12. The former hasn’t competed since UFC on ESPN: Covington vs Lawler last August. He beat Salim Touahri by unanimous decision and will be eager to prove a point by making it two on the bounce. A win will also force ‘Platinum’ to eat his words where he labeled Gall “a weak a** opponent” soon after the Welterweight clash became official.
Mickey Gall says he is a Mike Perry fan
In an interview with MMA Fighting, Gall spoke about his next opponent. Here he revealed he likes watching ‘Platinum’, by saying, “I’m a low-key Mike Perry fan. The dude’s fun, he’s exciting, violent. He’s a savage.”
Now, Gall praised himself and tweaked his earlier words into a troll on Mike Perry. He said, “But I’m a killer. I think it’s one of the dumbest fighters versus one of the smartest.”
He says so despite having a lesser experience, which is a fact he acknowledges. Furthermore, Gall promises to showcase even more moves to secure the win. “I may be the one with less experience, but I’m a smart kid and I’m athletic as hell. I’ve got a lot of kill moves that I’m going to put on display. I think Perry’s going to be a good win for me.”
Next, Gall highlights his strengths, which undoubtedly is his grappling. In 8 professional fights, he has claimed 5/6 wins by submission. On the other side, ‘Platinum’ has never won a fight by tapping his opponent. However, he possesses a KO threat with 11/13 wins coming in that fashion.
“If we’re looking at the biggest gap in each other’s skill set, it’s probably going to be my grappling. I think it’s head and shoulders above his. But it’s a fight. I’m going to be in there, I’m going to crack him and if the takedown comes, the takedown comes. I’m just going to be me.”
Despite having double-digit KOs to his name, ‘Platinum’ hasn’t been able to secure one since beating Alex Reyes in that fashion in 2017. He has lost 5 of his last 7 fights since then and will be desperate to turn his career around.
But his tweet will not have helped matters as Gall is even more determined and his comments show fans that he isn’t afraid.